SH-MT5 Cycling Shoe
If you're looking for a cycling shoe that's just as capable off the bike as on, have a look at Shimano's SH-MT5 Cycling Shoe. It's outdoor-inspired look isn't just for show, it offers excellent off the bike walkability and cleat-compatibility so you can pack light on those bikepacking trips and still scramble around the campsite without the need of additional footwear. It uses a glass fiber reinforced shank plate that gets a stiffness rating of four on the Shimano scale meaning it's still efficient for pedaling but not overly stiff either. The outsole is covered with EVA rubber providing traction over rocks, roots, and through creek beds. Additionally, its built on a women's last for more comfort and a better fit.
The SH-MT5's durable synthetic upper receives mesh panels to exhaust heat, and its fashioned as one piece for an improved fit, better durability, and lighter weight. Its speed-lace system spans the top of the shoe for easy adjustments and a customized fit, while a hook-and-loop strap across the top of the foot holds the laces in place and provides an extra bit of support.
- An outdoor-inspired cycling shoe for bikepacking adventures
- Glass-reinforced shank plate provides efficient pedaling
- Rubber outsole provides grip and walkability during hike-a-bikes
- Synthetic leather upper is durable and breathable
- Two-bolt mountain cleat compatible
- Quickly adjust the fit with a speed lace closure with hook-and-loop security strap