Why We Like The Shimano RX801 Wide Mountain Bike Shoe
The Shimano RX801 Wide takes all the best features from Shimano’s high-end road and mountain shoes and pulls them into a super light gravel racing shoe made to push the pace. The RX801 Wide features Shimano’s a super stiff carbon composite sole to create unmatched power transfer and a set of shallow TPU lugs to give us stable grip off the bike when hike-a-bike situations come into play. The wide fit offers a larger internal shoe volume without becoming sloppy in high-speed situations.
- Featherweight gravel racing shoe with wide fit
- Ultra-stiff carbon composite sole unmatched power transfer
- Seamless Surround Upper ensures a comfortable fit
- BOA Li2 dials let us lock in a precise, pressure-free fit
- Pedal-shoe interface is optimized for XTR M9100 pedals
- Wide fit provides a higher internal volume to fit more feet
- Gravel-specific TPU heel and toe tread provides off-the-bike stability
- Item #SHIU1GT
- Upper Material
- synthetic leather
- BOA® Fit System featuring Li2 dial, hook-and-loop forefoot strap
- Silvadur treated
- carbon fiber composite
- [sole] carbon composite, Dynalast, [outsole] rubber, TPU lugs
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [size 42] 9.5oz (268g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
3 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
April 12, 2023
Could be better
- I've put it through the wringer
I purchased these when the XC902 wide were not available. Sole stiffness is solid but slightly less than the XC902. The one thing about this shoe that bothered me was that the opening for your foot was tight. For a wide shoe it seems like the entry into the shoe would be wide as well. A little snug sliding my foot in with an everyday cycling sock but I could not put my foot in with a woolie boolie sock on with the boa max opened. The toe box also fits slightly narrower than the XC902 and my pinky toe gets slightly squeezed. On the bike they are comfortable and get the pedaling job done. Color is meh....just because someone has wide feet does that relegate them to having to wear boring black shoes all the time?
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help