Why We Like The RX8 Mountain Bike Shoe
Because gravel is still an emerging segment, some riders find themselves struggling with footwear choices—especially for racing. Mountain bike shoes offer great walkability, but are often too heavy and overbuilt. This leads many riders opting for lightweight road shoes with ultra-stiff soles that boost pedaling efficiency, but the lack of tread is not ideal for the inevitable hike-a-bike sections found in gravel race events and adventurous rides. Shimano addresses these problems by combining the best characteristics of their high-end road and mountain footwear into one shoe that's specifically designed for gravel racing. Lightweight and stiff, but with grippy outsoles and just enough toe flex to be comfortable to walk in, the RX8 might just be the best option out there for dedicated gravel enthusiasts.
- Lightweight shoes designed for gravel bike racing
- Carbon composite sole ensures maximum pedaling efficiency
- Surround Structure uppers provide a comfortable, glove-like fit
- Lugged rubber outsole adds grip for hike-a-bike
- Reinforced heel cup for stability under hard pedaling
- Boa dial and toe strap make it easy to get the right fit
- Perforations in the upper let your feet breathe
- Wider cleat-to-pedal interface is optimized for XTR M9100 pedals
- Item runs small, so we recommend sizing up for best fit
- Item #SHI00OV
- Upper Material
- synthetic leather, mesh
- Boa IP1
- high-density cup insole with adaptable arch pads
- [sole] carbon fiber composite, [outsole] abrasion-resistant TPU lugs
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- gravel, cross-country, cyclocross
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
3 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
March 16, 2021
Runs very large
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
- 5' 3"
I purchased the same size that I purchase when ordering SIDI shoes and wow how different. Now I'm stuck with a large pair of gravel shoes.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help