Forma Carbon Rail Saddle
The Selle SMP Forma Carbon Rail Saddle takes design notes from the Composit saddle, but with a slightly wider width that's ideal for those of us with broader sit bones. The rails are made from unidirectional "high modulus" carbon fiber for maximum lightness and strong resistance to impact, keeping up with your most demanding rides without slowing you down. The innovative shape and pressure-relief channel are fully intact and without any excessive padding. This keeps weight and bulk to a minimum while maintaining the shape and supportive characteristics SMP saddles are known for. The saddle is wrapped in leather, and has a durable elastomer nylon and carbon composite shell to hold up to both road and mountain applications.
The Forma sits at 137mm wide and is best suited for medium to large pelvises and it features a thinner profile than other models in this range. At the front of the saddle is the characteristic beak nose shape designed to relieve pressure while seated. SMP's pronounced "free" central channel, further reduces pressure on the pudendal nerve and surrounding soft tissue. The back of the saddle is raised to support a powerful pedaling position, where body weight is divided between the rear and lower part of the ischial tuberosity region. This shape also helps reduce overall pressure on the coccyx while riding over rough surfaces.
- Cycling saddle offering maximum comfort in all disciplines
- Carbon fiber rails blend top-tier strength with ultra-low weight
- Mid-width race ready saddle in Selle SMP's design
- Dropped nose and central channel alleviate pressure
- Raised tail positions hips into an efficient pedaling position
- Minimal padding drops weight without sacrificing comfort