Tallboy Carbon R Mountain Bike
Why We Like the Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon R Mountain Bike
From hot laps after work to all-day alpine adventures, the new Santa Cruz Tallboy might just be our favorite well-rounded trail rig out there. It has been refined to be more capable, snappy, and hungrier than ever. 120mm of VPP suspension out back supports us on those long singletrack climbs, while a 65.5-degree head-tube angle and size-specific chainstays ensure a nimble line through techy descents. The new Glovebox has a tool roll and purse that provides storage for all our tools and some extra snacks in the downtube, so we’re always ready for whatever the trail throws at us.
The Santa Cruz Tallboy R Mountain Bike pairs the reliable SRAM NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain with the size-specific Santa Cruz Carbon C layup for a performance-oriented build that won’t break the bank. The NX drivetrain is completely cross-compatible across the Eagle range so making repairs and upgrades is a stress-free experience. The Race Face AR Offset 30 wheelset boasts a burley construction that is sure to withstand our aggressive riding season after season. The combination of a Maxxis Rekon tire up front and a Maxxis Dissector out back strike a balance of low rolling resistance and maximum traction with impressively light EXO casings. The new Santa Cruz Tallboy R optimizes maneuverability, speed, and climbing capability in one adventure-hungry bike.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Santa Cruz's genre-blending short-travel carbon 29er
- 120mm of VPP travel provides amazing support and traction
- 130mm RockShox Pike Base is ready to eat up chunky descents
- SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain is reliable and improves on SRAM SX
- 65.5-degree headtube angle boasts stability at speed
- 29in Race Face AR Offset 30 wheelset stand up to years of abuse
- SDG Tellis dropper gets the saddle out of the way for techy sections
- Flip-chip lets us fine-tune our geo for terrain and riding style
- Item #SNZK1K1