Why We Like The Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon C GX Eagle AXS Mountain Bike
Slotted as the gravity rider’s XC bike or the cross-country rider’s trail bike, the Tallboy Carbon C GX Eagle AXS Mountain Bike has something to offer everyone. 120mm of rear travel finds the perfect spot between efficiency and playfulness, utilizing the lower-link VPP design from the longer-travel Santa Cruz trail bikes. The Tallboy rolls on 29in wheels for added rollover capabilities in places like Sedona and Squamish, and they offer enhanced efficiency in flatter terrain. Santa Cruz outfits the Tallboy with a 65.5-degree head tube angle (low position) to provide straight-lining stability for flow trails, but retain a nimble feel for tight switchbacks. The Glovebox storage system really comes in handy with the Tallboy because it lets us bring supplies for high-mileage rides without needing to wear a heavy pack.
This premium build utilizes the Carbon C frame construction from Santa Cruz which is slightly heavier than the Carbon CC version, but makes room in the build budget for premium shifting components. SRAM’s GX Eagle AXS drivetrain provides instant electronic shifting that really comes in handy for quick reactions in touch-and-go tech sections, plus it’s super low maintenance. The RockShox Pike Select+ fork has 130mm of travel for a poised feel in technical terrain that’s super efficient on the climbs. We’re big fans of the Race Face ARC Offset 30 alloy wheels for their durable design and stiff performance. This build is a perfect option for the trail rider who sticks to undulating terrain and wants to test out some premium build components.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Trail bike designed for backcountry epics and post-work XC loops
- 120mm rear travel is poppy, playful on descents, supportive on climbs
- RockShox Pike Select+ fork with 130mm travel for balanced traction
- 29in wheels front and rear roll over square edge impacts with ease
- Race Face ARC Offset 30 alloy wheels offer long-lasting durability
- SRAM GX Eagle AXS delivers instant shifts and a wide gear range
- Glovebox storage system keeps our tools and essentials in our frame
- Carbon C frame construction offers industry-leading durability
- Item #SNZK1JW