Why We Like The Santa Cruz Chameleon MX R Mountain Bike
From multi-day bikepacking trips to dirt jump sessions, the Santa Cruz Chameleon MX is our choice for an ultra-versatile hardtail that truly becomes one with its surrounding. The mixed-wheel version gives us the best of both worlds with the rollover capabilities of a 29-inch wheel up front and the agile, playfulness of a 27.5-inch rear wheel for intuitive cornering. Longer, slacker,m and more low-slung than its predecessor, the 8th gen Chameleon has s 65-degree headtube and short chainstays ensuring that we have a hollering-good time no matter what type of trails we're riding.
The mid-pack Chameleon MX R build utilizes wallet-friendly components that still offer impeccable reliability so we can spend more time our riding and less time wrenching on our bikes. The no-frills SRAM NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain takes care of the shifting duties with speed and simplicity, while a 130mm Fox Rhythm 34 fork helps us smash through rock gardens with ease. And for those of us looking to get really rowdy on our Chameleon, a set of ISCG-05 lets us attach a chain guard or bash guard. From lunch flow loops to multi-day biking packing trips, the Santa Cruz Chameleon MX R Mountain Bike is lives up to its name and is at home anywhere we can find dirt.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- No-nonsense do-it-all mixed-wheel hardtail trail bike
- Aluminum frame is built to take on a lifetime of riding
- 29in front wheel offers speed and confidence over obstacles
- 27.5in rear wheel is playful for berms, jumps, and manuals
- Slack and long geometry provides stable and confident handling
- SRAM NX 12-speed drivetrain offers crisp shifting
- Race Face AR 30 wheels are durable for a worry-free ride
- Interchangeable dropouts allow for single-speed or geared options
- Item #SNZK1J9