Why We Like The Santa Cruz Chameleon MX D Mountain Bike
Built to tackle whatever kind of riding we can dream up, the Santa Cruz Chameleon MX is our go-to hardtail for everything from urban adventures to ripping hot laps after work. The updated geometry and mixed-wheel setup lets this bike turn even the most mundane trails into a good time. The longer and slacker geometry features a 65-degree headtube angle inspiring extra confidence on the steep stuff, and a long wheelbase for stability at speed. The 29-inch wheel up front keeps us rolling over chunky terrain with ease, while the 27.5-inch wheel out back keeps things playful for side hits, urban jibs, and drawn-out manuals.
The Chameleon MX D is built to be downright reliable. The SRAM Eagle 12-speed drivetrain is outfitted with a wide 11-50t cassette to handle the shifting duties and a 130mm RockShox Rekon RL fork up front for smashing through rocks, roots, and chunder. The frame also gets ISCG-05 tabs for mounting a chain guard for those of us daring enough to take our hardtail to an enduro race and three different water bottle cage mounting options for when we want to run a frame bag. From bikepacking to taking on lines better suited to an enduro bike, the Santa Cruz Chameleon MX D Mountain Bike truly lives up to its namesake.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Highly versatile mixed wheel hardtail for any kind of adventure
- Aluminum frame is durable for a lifetime of riding
- 29in wheel up front is fast-rolling and clears obstacles with ease
- 27.5in wheel out back retains a playful, agile ride feel
- Hardtail design offers an unbeatable connection to the trail
- SRAM NX/SX drivetrain is simple and offers a wide gear range
- RockShox Recon RL fork provides 130mm of crud-busting travel
- Maxxis tires offer traction in all sorts of trail conditions
- Item #SNZK1J7