Why We Like The Control 29in Carbon Boost Wheelset
The only thing more impressive than the ride quality on the Roval Control 29in Carbon Boost Wheelset is their price point. Built stiff and lightweight, these carbon hoops are what we're outfitting to our cross-country and trail bikes. The 29in wheels easily roll over trail obstacle, and with tubeless-ready tech, we're not worried about a few rock pings on the way down. Upgradable hubs are supplied by DT Swiss while the j-bend spokes allow for a bit more compliance than straight-pull options.
The Roval Control comes standard in an internal 25mm width, great for our cross-country and trail bikes running tires 2.25in - 2.5in. At a svelte 1610g for the complete wheelset, our legs aren't complaining as much as usual. The wheelset is plenty light enough for our race day efforts, but strong enough to endure day-to-day riding abuse. With this new spark added to our ride, we're hoping to see a few more podiums this year with our new wheels.
- Strong and lightweight carbon wheelset built for racing
- Carbon fiber hoops stay true longer and roll fast
- 25mm internal width is great for 2.25-2.5in tires
- DT Swiss 350 hubs and spokes roll fast and smooth
- Tubeless-ready wheels shed weight and ride faster
- 28h spoke count means better compliance over chunder
- Boost spacing fits most modern bikes