If pressed, we'd have to admit that mounting our bikes onto a hitch rack like RockyMounts SplitRail 2-Bike Hitch Rack gives us a sense of security few other racks can match. Our feathery carbon race builds are pretty easy to lock down on just about anything, but our burly enduro beasts carry a little more weight around their midsections, and we want to know they're mounted on something that can handle the heft.
RockyMounts equipped the SplitRail to accommodate everything from your son's cruiser to your aero tri bike, with each strut including four inches of side-to-side adjustment to ensure you get a secure fit on different frame sizes. The SplitRail isn't picky; it works with any bike with wheels between 20 and 29 inches, and was built with space for plus-sized tires.
Out of the box, the SplitRail comes ready to be installed tool-free, so you won't waste precious ride time struggling to decipher a complex installation process. RockyMounts' proprietary anti-wobble technology and the included locking cable further boost our confidence. When you aren't using the rack, it tucks away flush with your vehicle in stow position, and it comes with Tilt and Use settings to allow you access to the back of your vehicle while you have it mounted.
- A durable aluminum and chromoly steel hitch bike rack
- 2in size weighs just 44lbs fully assembled
- Tool-free installation gets you on the road quickly
- Accommodates up to 48in wheelbase and plus-size tires
- Includes locking hitch pin to secure rack to vehicle
- Stow, Use, and Tilt positions adapt the rack to the moment's needs