SID Ultimate Carbon 29in Boost Fork
Racing has never been an afterthought for you. It would be better described as your life choice. You train hard through the winter, committing to hours of listening to the whine of your trainer, and as soon as the trails start to dry you're out hammering out laps at your local trail network with race day in mind. The RockShox SID Ultimate Carbon 29in Boost Fork is built with the same race-ready power that you've honed yourself, with gram-savings to soar up climbs, lively and supple suspension of a DebonAir spring, and a Charger 2 damper, ramped up even further with new fluid and grease to keep things moving slowly from short-track sprints to endurance races that challenge your sanity for days. It combines the inner workings of the coveted SID Ultimate fork with a weight-saving carbon fiber crown and steer tube — and for those of us for whom aesthetics matter, its available in a Signature Blue colorway that looks bold and fast when you're sending it full speed down ribbons of rocky singletrack.
The SID Ultimate comes in as just about top-tier in RockShox cross country lineup (second only to the SID Ultimate Carbon), and the updates start with the newly engineered Maxima Plush oil that reduces friction and improves smoothness in the stroke over previously used oils. This translates to improved lubrication on the seals that are all new themselves, moving to a lower-friction design that's inspired the the Motocross industry. This new oil partners up with a new type of grease in the air chamber that's designed for longer lifetime, and better wear than the grease tossed in in years past.
The SID continues to use the Charge 2 damper we saw last year. While the other forks in RockShox's lineup see a change to the new Charger 2.1, RockShox engineers determined that the traditional Charger 2 performs better than the new damper in cross-country applications. This means a firmer climb, and lockout setting, for powering up punchy steep sections without losing a watt of power you're putting down. It still uses the highly-tunable DebonAir spring for consistent feel throughout the travel, and compression adjust.
- Soar to the podium on RockShox's new SID Carbon fork
- Carbon crown keeps things stiff and strong, while shedding weight
- New Maxima Plush oil reduces friction, silences damper noise
- All-new seals improve smoothness, aim to eliminate friction
- Air chamber uses new grease that's just as smooth, lasts longer
- Charger 2 damper excells in cross-country applications
- Highly-tunable DebonAir spring for consistent feel through travel
- Available in the new SID Blue for a flashy upgrade to your ride
- 100-and-120mm options with 51-or-42mm offset to compliment your bike's geometry