Pike Ultimate Charger 3 RC2 27.5in Boost Fork
Style & Size:
Why We Like The Pike Ultimate Charger 3 RC2 27.5in Boost Fork
Situated as the top-tier option from RockShox for trail and downcountry riding, we use the Pike Ultimate Charger 3 RC2 Fork for navigating high-mileage routes on rough and smooth trails alike. It’s freshly revamped with an updated Charger 3 Damper and DebonAir+ Spring to further refine this 35mm stanchion fork’s performance. The next key update is a built-in pressure relief valve to release unwanted air that can build in the lower leg over time from altitude and temperature changes.
The new Pike Ultimate still provides the same nimble trail performance that we liked so much about the last version of the Pike, perfect for clambering up slickrock formations and rallying flow trails. What feels new is the small bump sensitivity and tracking ability that RockShox attributes to their new ButterCups which absorb high-frequency trail chatter from things like braking bumps and loose over hard conditions. The next main on-trail advantage of this fork has to do with the updated Charger 3 damper, which utilizes a completely new Internal Floating Piston design that’s intended to make compression and rebound adjustments completely independent from one another. This allows us to make adjustments that truly only affect one performance characteristic of the fork feel and effectively fine-tune our ride.
- Premium trail fork for high-mileage rides and flowy terrain
- Travel ranges from 120mm to 140mm for an efficient feel
- Updated Charger 3 RC2 Damper allows for better fine-tuning
- New DebonAir+ spring sits higher in the travel for control in steep terrain
- ButterCups soak up trail chatter for better tracking and cornering
- 35mm stanchions offer a balance between maneuverability and support
- New Bolt-in torque cap makes it easier to use with hub end caps
- Compatible with RockShox bolt-on fender (sold separately)
- Item #RSXB06U
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov