AR58 Carbon Wheelset
The AR58 Carbon Wheelset from Reynolds is a rim brake set of hoops offering up exceptional aerodynamics making them ideal for road racing, triathlons, and races against the clock. Reynolds optimized this particular rim profile to remain stable in crosswind situations at a variety of Yaw angles, especially given its depth, and its tubeless ready 19mm internal width rim channel accommodates modern, wider rubber at lower pressures for less rolling resistance, improved traction, and better ride comfort. What makes these wheels so remarkable is all of these performance attributes, given its low barrier of entry for carbon. It shares the same rims as the ARx line but swaps out the spokes, nipples, and hubs to more price conscious options to save $250 while only adding 65 grams.
The wheelset's tubeless nature not only lends itself well to everyday riding but it's also built up front and rear with 20/24 count, durable Sapim Sprint spokes that thread into brass nipples. At the center of the wheels are smooth spinning Reynolds hubs with the rear hub receiving a quick engaging, 10-degree freehub mechanism in your choice of Shimano/SRAM 11-speed freehub or SRAM XD driver. And if its lifetime warranty isn't peace of mind enough, you'll be glad to know that its new Ctg2 brake track is 30 percent more heat resistant than its original Ctg technology.
- Aerodynamic wheels for racing on roads, triathlons, and TTs
- Carbon fiber rims boost stiffness while shedding grams
- 19mm internal width is ideal for modern, wider tires
- The aerodynamic profile is engineered for stability in crosswinds
- Bladed spokes further increase the aero gains
- Tubeless construction allows for lower pressure for comfort and grip
- The Ctg2 brake track is more heat resistant for better braking and durability