58/62x Carbon Disc Wheelset
Even though we regard Reynolds' carbon brake tracks to be some of the better ones on the market that actually work with rim brakes, not even its impressive Ctg2 brake track can match the power and modulation of a disc caliper, dedicated rotor, and the 58/62x Carbon Disc Wheelset. Now with the braking out of the way, the other thing to notice with this wheelset is its mismatched rim profiles. While running shallower front and deeper rear rims isn't anything new, we see the pros do it all the time, few companies offer complete wheelsets with this option. We feel it makes great sense to have a better handling, lower profile up rim up front with a stiffer, more aero option at the rear. The 58mm deep front wheel provides stable handling across a variety of Yaw angles and is slightly narrower than the rear for better aerodynamics, while the wider and deeper 62mm rear utilizes the wind like a sail, and increases the tire's width for lower rolling resistance, more comfort, and grip.
All of Reynolds clincher rims now feature tubeless functionality and these hoops are no different. You can still run them as a traditional clincher or throw in a tube in the event of a flat, but the rims' 19mm front and 21mm rear internal profile feature shelves and a hook to hold tubeless tires securely across pressure ranges, and we would highly recommend going that route. The lower rolling resistance and comfort of a tubeless ride is complemented by the AR's wide external width and increased air volume. It's 28mm up front and 30mm at the rear, offering up better cornering and aerodynamics with wider tires.
At the center of the wheels are Reynold's CNC machined hubs, designed to be fast rolling, smooth, lightweight, and dependable. The hubs are laced to the rims with Sapim CX-Sprint bladed spokes with a 24-hole count front and rear and are anchored to lightweight alloy nipples.
- Aerodynamic carbon race wheels that go fast and stop on a dime
- Mismatched depths maximize aerodynamics and handling
- Rim profiles are engineered to smooth airflow and reduce drag
- Freehub design provides fast engagement and smooth spinning
- Centerlock disc brakes offer power and consistent modulation
- Wider widths boost tire volume for increased comfort and traction
- Choose between Shimano/SRAM HG or SRAM XD freehubs
- Comes ready for 12 or 15mm front and 12 x 142mm rear (QR adapters available separately)