Personal moisture management system.
It may seem counter-intuitive, but wearing a lightweight, moisture-wicking base layer on the warmest rides of the year can actually be a huge benefit, seeing you won't be slogging down the road as a hot, overly sweaty mess. Designed to fulfill this very niche for cyclists pushing through the dog days of summer, the Rapha Women's Merino Mesh Sleeveless Baselayer regulates your core temperature by pulling perspiration off your skin during high-intensity training and racing efforts, leading to a cooling effect as sweat evaporates.
Since it's predominately made of merino wool, you'll find it's much softer and less likely to lead to irritation than the coarser wool used on those scratchy winter socks from your childhood. Not only is merino wool a finer, softer fabric, but it's capable of absorbing up to 30 percent of its weight in water, yet it still remains dry to the touch. As moisture is pulled off your skin, it moves into the core of each fiber, then evaporates into the surrounding environment to cool the surface of your skin. Ultimately, this means you'll feel pleasantly cool and dry, even if you're climbing up a lung-busting alpine pass or training rigorously in the summer heat.
- Ultra-light base layer for the hottest days of the year
- Sleeveless design effortlessly layers under a cycling jersey
- Blend of merino wool and polyester in an open mesh structure
- Merino wool is soft to the touch and actively wicks moisture
- Merino naturally resists odor build-up for lasting freshness
- Polyester keeps it lightweight and speeds up drying time
- Seams placed behind shoulders to prevent rubbing with bibs
- Item #RFA005L
- 60% Merino wool, 40% polyester
- Insulation Weight
- Recommended Use
- road cycling
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help