Why We Like The POC VPD Chest System
When you've gained enough confidence to send the gaps and ride the berms, go big with the POC VPD Chest System to protect your body's internal components as you carve your favorite singletrack. Though we like to imagine VPD stands for "Velocity-Induced Protection Device," it actually signifies Visco-Elastic Polymer Dough—a far more technical acronym used to describe the mechanical properties of the chest guard. In essence, the VPD Chest System remains flexible as you move on the bike, but it becomes hard upon impact to cushion the blow.
When combined with the VPD System Back to create the full VPD System Torso, POC's protective ensemble ensures you're fully covered across your chest and back if things go haywire. Many torso guards are restrictive and disrupt the flow of air, but this guard is minimal to its core and only provides coverage where it counts to maintain freedom of movement and breathability.
- A supportive chest piece for protection on the trail
- Visco-elastic polymer dough (VPD) warms and shapes with the body
- VPD hardens upon impact to absorb shock for superior protection
- Shoulder straps eliminate the need for a vest or jacket
- Adjustable buckle system delivers the perfect fit
- To appropriately function, pair with the VPD System Back (sold separately)
- Item #POC00DO
- Protection Area
- EN 1621-3
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
3 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
September 14, 2021
Does not work without the back
- I returned this product before using it
Like the other review, this only works with the back. I guess the front is sold separately as a replacement? POC website mentions this but CC doesn't make this clear. I am returning but it looks like a nice product if it straps on.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help