Why We Like The Pivot Trail 429 Pro XT/XTR Enduro Mountain Bike
When we first threw a leg over the Trail 429, we were blown away by its ability to climb and accelerate like a cross-country race bike, yet remain composed on black diamond descents. Perhaps the most natural place to start when diving into the Trail 429 is with its completely reshaped frame that gives the bike its progressive geometry. It features a slacker head tube to instill confidence and composure on steep lines packed with chunky granite, and a steep seat tube that keeps us dialed in the cockpit when we push our way up punchy switchbacks laced with root lattices. The new Trail 429 carries on with the pivotal DW-link suspension design that you've seen on the 429 Trails of the past, keeping your traction locked in, and squat at a minimum.
Considering the bike's impressive capability, it only makes sense that Pivot offers a more aggressive build kit for riders looking to push the envelope even further, allowing us to ride chunky lines at speeds we never thought possible on a 120mm travel bike. It's called the Enduro kit, and it comes with a 140mm Fox 36 and a custom-tuned DPX2 rear shock. The burlier suspension and 10mm extra travel help soften the bike's leading edge while slackening the head tube another 0.5-degrees, ultimately providing a more capable platform that sits nicely between the standard Trail 429 and the longer-travel Switchblade. Aluminum DT Swiss XM1700 wheels round out this build, with an impressive strength-to-weight ratio.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Pivot's premier trail bike equipped with an enduro-ready build kit
- 140mm Fox 36 fork increases travel and boosts front-end stiffness
- Fox DPX2 shock improves the bike's descending capability
- Longer travel fork slackens the head angle for better stability
- DW-Link suspension offers best-in-class pedaling performance
- Carbon frame with Super BOOST spacing offers a responsive ride
- Reynolds carbon wheels are built to handle some serious abuse
- XT/XTR drivetrain offers crisp shifting and legendary reliability
- Item #PIV1WWQ