Why We Like The Firebird Pro XT/XTR X2 Mountain Bike
The Firebird is the flagship enduro race bike from Pivot, but we've found this Firebird Pro X2 XT/XTR Mountain Bike to be so much more capable than a mushy race bike. Slacked out, longer, lighter, and more aggressive all describe really well what the new Firebird does but the real magic happens in the DW-Link suspension that offers a supportive feel on climbs and playful terrain. Whether we're sprinting through the last corner on an enduro stage or taking hit after hit at the bike park the new Pivot Firebird does it all.
Fully redesigned with modern amenities, the headtube comes in at 64-degrees in the low setting and can be pushed up .6-degrees with a flip-chip for more undulating terrain. The wheelbase also grew and the seat tube grew steeper, making this bike an impressive climber across the long-travel 29er category. Size-specific chainstays ensure that each size feels true to the bike's roots, perfectly matching downhill stability with a maneuverable cornering feel. The XT/XTR version put quality at the forefront with a smooth-shifting XT/XTR drivetrain going to work getting us up the hill while the full Fox Factory suspension treatment gets us down.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Enduro focused bike to get riders to the top of the podiums
- Hollow-mold carbon frame delivers top-quality performance
- DW-link suspension brings better pedaling and descending characteristics
- Easy to use flip-chip goes between high and low settings
- Full Fox Kashima treatment goes a long way on providing smooth suspension
- Performance touches like a carbon bar and grippy Maxxis rubber
- Shimano drivetrain shifts smooth thanks to Hyperglide tech
- 4-piston brakes put a stop to overly sketchy situations
- Item #PIV1WXN