Why We Like The Osprey Packs Fairview 55L Backpack
If you need to pack a weekend full of essentials into minimal luggage, the Fairview 55L Backpack is for you. A large main compartment holds your bigger items and features a sleeve for your laptop or tablet, all of which is kept safe with lockable sliders on the main compartment zipper. Several mesh pockets around the backpack hold your smaller items, while a detachable daypack allows for additional storage when you need a few extra items.
- Technical daypack designed for travel and everyday adventures
- Durable fabrics in high-use areas create a long-lasting bag
- Lockable main compartment keeps items locked up safely
- Mesh-covered Atilon foam offers a breathable contact surface
- Adjustable sternum strap includes a rescue whistle
- Internal compression straps keep items secure
- Features a stowaway hipbelt, harness, and backpanel
- Item #OSPZ1EZ
- [main] 210D nylon mini hex diamond ripstop, PFC/PFAS-free DWR treatment, [accent] 600D packcloth, PFC/PFAS-free DWR treatment, [bottom] 600D packcloth, PFC/PFAS-free DWR treatment
- 55L (3356 cu in.)
- LightWire frame suspension
- Shoulder Straps
- Waist Belt
- top, front
- dual front mesh, heat-embossed scratch-free zippered slash, laptop sleeve, internal front flap zippered mesh
- dual front compression straps
- Weight Capacity
- 25h x 13w x 12d in
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
1 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
June 1, 2023
All around no.
- I returned this product before using it
For a women’s specific pack, the shoulder straps are set super wide, and they’re very stiff so they dig into my shoulders. I wore it for 5 mins trying it on and have to return it. I have the Osprey fairpoint 55L from 2013, but this was back before I knew anything about backpack fits, and the torso length is too long for me and digs into my lower back and hips. Other than that I love it. I was hoping to upgrade just to switch to a better fit my wow this model is such a miss in all ways! I already mentioned the awful shoulder straps shape and lack of comfort. The day pack does not zipper on like the old models did, it’s just held on by the compression straps. I tried it on for 5 mins and it was covered in lint/fur. Granted, I have a cat, but the material of the back attracts fur/point. The zippered protective back panel used to have Velcro to keep it stuffed, but now there’s nothing to hold it in it’s stuff pocket, which opens to the bottom making it easy to slip out. The day pack opening is so small, compared to bc a regular 1/2 zip backpack, this is like a 1/4 zip. Makes it difficult to see inside and easily get things from the bottom of the bag. I attached a picture of the shoulder strap width. I have pretty broad shoulders and this is still too wide for me. I compared it to my Gregory daypack and the Osprey fairpoint from 2013 (which isn’t women’s specific) and this pack’s straps are wider than both
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
Cancer - P65Warnings.ca.gov