Item # OUC000J
OneUp Components EDC Top Cap $25.00
Something for everyone.
It's rare that the entire Competitive office agrees about anything, but the OneUp Components EDC Top Cap has something to please all of us. For the Lycra-clad XC rocketship pilots, the claimed weight of 4.2g gives it a legitimate shot at being the lightest top cap in production; for the enduro bomber and fat bike adventurer, it houses OneUp's separately sold EDC Tool. That means that the gram counters are happy and those who are more interested in utility than saving weight are happy.
- A top cap for the gram counter and trailside tinkerer
- Houses OneUp's separately sold EDC Tool
- Lightest top cap in production when not housing a tool kit
- Plastic bottom plug supports tool and drains water
- Recommended only for 1-1/8in aluminum steerer tubes
- Requires 5mm head set stack and must sit 1-2mm above top of steerer
Claimed weights are provided by the vendor.
Have questions? Chat with a Gearhead
View more Tool Kits
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
If you ride a trail bike you need this. Awesome way to carry the EDC tool. Super convenient.
Great upgrade to shed weight
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Not only does this let you lose weight compared to a standard top cap and bolt set, but it also lets you run the EDC tool, which is an awesome way to carry your necessary tools on the bike with you.
It comes with all the parts you need, including a plethora of extra headset spacers which are nice to have around, even if you don't use them on the bike. The top cap uses a cassette tool, so make sure you have one of those, or purchase the EDC tool which includes a tool in it.