Occupying the middle ground in Oakley's line-up between the airy-ventilated Aro3 and time trial favorite Aro7, the Aro5 Helmet provides a streamlined profile at real-world yaw angles and MIPS technology for the discerning cyclist. Ultimately, the Aro5 satisfies those cyclists seeking an aerodynamic advantage, but without sacrificing much in the way of ventilation or compromising on comfort across long distances.
When first designing the Aro5 Helmet, Oakley formed a baseline around MIPS technology, seeing it's now ubiquitous with all premium cycling helmets on the market. This allowed Oakley to create a purpose built helmet around this impact-dispersing technology, instead of dropping in a MIPS liner and calling it good. Soft brow and crown pads help to distribute pressure when you're cranking it down tightly, so you don't have to worry about pressure points.
Another innovative feature with the Aro5 is the ability to integrate with your favorite eyewear. Oakley achieves this with a Boa FS-1 fit system that controls a low-profile nylon webbing that tightens evenly in 360 degrees, but without bunching or catching on sunglasses arms like other fit systems. There's even an eyewear dock built into the front vents, so you can securely stow your shades while pulling off the road or walking into the local cafe.
Delving into its aerodynamic prowess, you'll find wide channels along the front reduce drag in multiple cycling positions and effectively move airflow across your head to prevent overheating. There's a race car-inspired scoop at the top of the back, which grabs moving air, then channels it into multiple rear exhaust vents. Additionally, it's very narrow and short in stature to maximize the helmet's aerodynamic efficiency at yaw angles between zero and 10 degrees, which is where most cyclists spend their time.
- Aerodynamic cycling helmet doesn't sacrifice ventilation
- Built around MIPS tech for dispersion of rotational impacts
- Designed to maximize efficiency at yaw angles of 0 to 10°
- Wide channels at front optimize airflow and aerodynamics
- Top scoop that channels air out of rear exhaust ports
- Boa FS-1 fit system with 360-degrees of adjustment
- Eyewear dock along front vents for convenience
- X-Static brow, crown pads for stink-free comfort
- Item #OAK01MX
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older
- Fit Adjustment
- Boa FS-1 dial with 360-degree fit
- wide ventilation channels at front, top scoop with rear exhaust vents
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
- Claimed Weight
- 300 g
- Shell Material
- lightweight polycarbonate
Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov