Give your dogs the space they need.
Instead of the crowded toes and pressure points that come with stuffing an oversized foot into a traditional mountain bike shoe, give a good look at the Northwave Men's Scorpius 2 Plus Wide Cycling Shoe. This wide mountain bike shoe provides a proper platform to conquer technical trails without nasty hot spots and painful pinching holding you back, especially if you've been riding with standard width footwear for a while.
The Scorpius 2 Plus Wide fine-tunes the fit and feel to your exact needs with its SLW2 dial, which tightens in precise increments and loosens with the push of a single button for easy removal. This micro-adjustable dial is complemented with a lower hook-and-loop strap that secures over the forefoot to prevent lift under power. Both adjustment mechanisms tighten a thermowelded upper that's both extremely rugged and highly ventilated, thanks to mesh inserts and reinforced overlays placed exactly where you need them.
Looking underfoot, you'll find a triple-density Speedlight 3D sole that's moderately stiff on Northwave's index, sitting at 10 of 15 on the stiffness scale. This means you'll have more than sufficient power transfer for everyday rides and training needs, yet it's not punishingly stiff when you need to dismount and walk over technical sections of trail. For these hiking needs, Northwave places traction lugs over the forefoot and heel to grip into rocky outcroppings, loamy soil, and bumpy root sections lining the trail.
- Designed for the needs of mountain bikers with wide feet
- Wider design alleviates pressure points from squeezed toes
- SLW2 dial provides micro-adjustable fit and one-click release
- Lower hook-and-loop strap keeps foot from lifting under power
- Thermowelded upper with strategically placed mesh ventilation
- Speedlight 3D sole rated at 10/15 on Northwave's stiffness scale
- Traction lugs over forefoot and heel for hike-a-bike sections