Why We Like The RIP E9 3-Star e-Bike
Designed to bring the grin-inducing capabilities of the all-mountain RIP 9 into a pedal-assist package, Niner’s versatile RIP e9 3-Star e-Bike is among our top picks for entry-level e-MTBs. 150mm of rear-wheel traction provides a supportive feel that isn’t cumbersome for less experienced riders yet still provides enough cushion for a seasoned pro to let it rip. This bike utilizes the Gen4 Bosch drive system to bring power into our rides and effectively let us ride more terrain in less time, enhancing every adventure.
This particular 3-Star build utilizes balanced components like the 160mm travel Zeb R fork, which uses beefy 38mm stanchions for stability yet retains an entry-level price point. Aluminum Race Face wheels hold up over time thanks to their durable construction, while the SX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain from SRAM offers reliable, easily-upgradeable shifting. The Fox Float DPX2 Performance Evol shock offers a wide range of adjustments for fine-tuning traction and bottom-out resistance.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Entry-level e-MTB for pedal-assist power and all-mountain capabilities
- 150mm of 4-bar horst link travel provides supportive traction
- RockShox Zeb R fork with 160mm of travel soaks up impacts
- SRAM SX Eagle 12-speed groupset offers crisp shifting
- Bosch Purion handlebar display for tracking battery life
- 6061 aluminum frame soaks up vibrations and bolsters durability
- KS LEV SI dropper seatpost lets you adjust saddle height on the fly
- Grippy tires from Schwalbe maintain traction in wet or dry conditions
- Item #NNR99CY
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov