Aksium Elite Helmet
Mavic's Aksium wheels have always impressed us. For the money, we're hard-pressed to find any other wheels equal to the abuse that we actually throw at training wheels, year after year, spring after spring. Given that it bears the same name, we know we shouldn't be surprised by the Aksium Elite Helmet's versatility and low weight, but what we still are.
The helmet incorporates several of the features that set apart Mavic's more expensive helmets. The exhaustive cranial mapping, the Elite Fit Pad, The Ergo Hold Retention System — all are present here. The Aksium Elite does have one big omission when compared to the Ksyrium Elite, though: 25g of claimed weight. In a rare coup for the Aksium name, the helmet manages to outpace its Ksyrium counterpart on the scale. We suspect the weight difference owes to the Ksyrium model's more aggressive aerodynamic shaping, but anyone strapping the Aksium Elite on at the bottom of an alpine climb will appreciate those missing grams.
- Versatile cycling helmet for comfort on road rides and commutes
- Light and compact design provides reliable protection
- Ergo Hold SL retention system adjusts quickly with one hand
- Aksium Elite Fit Pad conforms to the contours of your head
- Cooling comes in the form of 23 vents on top
- 37.5 technology wicks sweat, dries quickly, and breathes