Louis Garneau bills the Modesto 3 as its top-selling women's cycling jacket, and the reason is obvious. The combination of a wind- and water-resistant main body material and highly breathable paneling under the arms means it's more than enough jacket to see most cyclists through from November to March. It does sacrifice a bit of breathability compared to LG's more expensive models, but pound for pound it's virtually impossible to beat the Modesto 3's value in foul weather.
As with its predecessors, the Modesto 3 is also cut more generously than those more expensive options, so it can accommodate insulating sublayers to keep you riding in the depths of winter. A less flattering fit is a small price to pay for a jacket that'll keep you off the indoor trainer and out on the road for longer.
- Brave the conditions from fall to spring in this cycling jacket
- Main body constructed with weather-resistant paneling
- Supplemented with mesh inserts to boost breathability
- Standard fit leaves space for thermal layering
- Spacious rear pocket zips closed to protect accessories
- Zipper garage eliminates contact between zipper and throat
- Storm flap reinforces zipper against the weather
- Reflective details help keep you visible on cold, overcast days
View more Women's Jackets
Gore Bike Wear Element Windstopper Active Shell Zip-Off Jacket - Women's
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.