We've done winter rides in our regular bib shorts paired with leg warmers, but it isn't ideal and we're usually left shivering and wishing we had a pair of Louis Garneau's Course Elite 2 Women's Bib Tights in our closet. Their element-blocking fabrics and pinch-free fit mean you'll be warm, dry, and comfortable when you venture out into the cold.
For the bulk of the Course Elite 2's leg panels, Louis Garneau employs HeatMaxx fabric, a Roubaix-type material with a smooth outer surface and a soft, brushed micro-fleece lining. It's also a stretchy fabric that strikes a fine balance between keeping you warm and not restricting movement with inflexible bulk. A second layer of HeatMaxx is added at the knees to provide extra warmth, eliminating the need to situate knee warmers under the tights in order to protect those all-important joints. The material's composition works to keep your legs warm while ensuring you stay dry with its exceptional wicking capabilities. For additional protection against the elements, Garneau strategically places its Super Light Dry material across the tights' front and back panels, adding a light layer of wind- and water-repellency through its stretchy, breathable polyester composition.
Garneau includes its women's-specific 5Motion insert, which uses a 3D, pre-shaped wing design that moves in unison with your body. To guarantee flexibility, the 5Motion chamois uses a variable-density, perforated memory foam that's shaped to handle every direction of movement and pressure. Unlike other forms of variable-density padding, the 5Motion shape ensures that transitions in thickness flow smoothly from region to region to reduce pinching and chafing.
These bib tights are finished with a stretch trim detachment point at the top of the waist, which detaches the bibs to make mid-ride pit stops a simpler affair. The tights are also treated with reflective accents throughout to increase your visibility to motorists in low-light conditions.
- Cycling tights for cold weather rides
- Warm, protective blend of materials
- Wind- and water-resistant panels provide strategic protection
- Multi-density chamois provides comfort on long training rides
- 7-inch ankle zips for easy on and off
- Mesh bib straps reduce bulk for trouble-free layering
- Bib straps detach to easily accommodate natural breaks
View more Women's Tights & Bib Tights
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.