CX145 Cycling Shoe
If you plan to avoid starting from scratch next spring and ride through winter with some outdoor road cycling, we'd highly suggest investing in some shoes like the CX145 Cycling Shoe from Lake. With an upper constructed from waxed canvas, leather, and a waterproof membrane, you have a shoe that will keep your feet dry and protected from winter's elements and make riding outside a whole lot more enjoyable. Add to that a taller ankle for more coverage and dual side mounted BOA IP1 dials for easy entry, exit, and adjustments on the fly and you get a shoe that might actually have you looking forward to riding during those character-building weather conditions.
The outsole of the CX145 consists of Lake's Competition fiberglass-injected nylon sole that accommodates 2-bolt mountain and 3-bolt road cleats. It's plenty stiff for pedaling efficiency yet not overly so like many carbon soles so you can still get in those long base mileage days and avoid hot-spots and numbness associated with pool table stiff soles. Further comfort is afforded by its Sport last that holds the foot securely in place with its precise fitting toebox, preventing any unwanted movement.
- A winter road cycling shoe for chilly and wet days
- 2-bolt mountain and 3-bolt road cleat compatibility
- Upper materials keep feet dry from puddles and road spray
- Fiberglass-injected nylon sole is efficient and comfortable
- Dual BOA dials provide quick and easy adjustments
- Taller ankle offers additional protection