Take the podium.
In an effort to create one wheel that combines the design elements of road, trail, and cyclocross, and be both fast enough for race day and durable enough for every day, Knight came up with the 29 Race/Project 321 Boost Wheelset. Its design actually started out as a gravel specific wheel, but when it exceeded the expectations of their UCI Elite OMX Team, they decided it couldn't be put in a single box.
The wide and hookless rim is constructed using an exceptionally durable EPS molding process to give it smooth vibration dampening and quick acceleration when you step on the gas, while the carbon also delivers stiff, light, and compliant performance on a variety of surfaces. Thoughtfully angled flanges on the Project 321 Iso hubs create a more stable and true wheel and eliminate any unnecessary stress on the spokes. The adjusted angle of the flanges is slightly inward to mirror the angle of the spokes and remove any interference that might otherwise create stress points and reduce the strength of the wheel.
- Lightweight carbon wheelset for versatile race endeavors
- Carbon fiber delivers lightweight, smooth, strong riding
- Wide 22.5mm internal rim provides stable tire platform
- Shockingly fast engagement from Project 321 Iso hubset
- Stiff, responsive Boost axle spacing