We've been known to forgo gloves on the hottest summer rides but then we quickly remember the lack of padding against the bar and the protection we lose if we do happen to go down. With that in mind, our criteria are lightweight, barley there padding, a minimal closure, and high breathability. We stopped our search with the EXO Gloves from Giordana as it gives us every one of those features.
Giordana constructed the EXO gloves from panels of Lycra and microfiber. The "x" shape of the panels on the back of the gloves provides maximum flexibility so that you always have an optimal interface with your handlebars. Mesh inserts ventilate to keep your hands dry, and the palms feature independent pads so that they conform to your hands. Additionally, the thumb has a terry cloth wipe to keep sweat out of your eyes. The gloves pull on so you won't have to worry about hook-and-loop closures wearing out or getting caught in the wash.
The Giordana EXO Gloves are available in the colors Black/Titanium and in sizes Small through X-Large.
- Barley there summer short-finger gloves for protection and comfort
- Mesh inserts increase breathability
- Individual palm pads cushion against less than perfect roads
- Terry-cloth thumb wipe makes for a soft cleanup
- Item #GIO00DP
- [back and fingers] Lycra, [palms] microfiber, [inserts] mesh
- light foam
- cross-country, cyclocross, gravel, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year