Item # FIZ005Z
Fi'zi:k Link R1 Bull Bib Short - Men's $300.00
The course of history.
Throughout its history, Fizik has worn a few hats, figuratively speaking. Because of the brand's obsession with all of cycling's touchpoints, we've literally worn Fizik shoes and sat atop its saddles while stretched out onto bars wrapped in its tape. With the advent of the Link R1 Bull Bib Shorts, we're now also wearing Fizik shorts. (No pedals. Yet.) The Link R1 represents the lux end of the brand's pool of bibs, but it does so with a fit tailored to less-flexible riders. It incorporates a chamois built for riders whose relative lack of spine flexibility means they often rotate their hips forward in the saddle, making it analogous to the Aliante saddle, though not specifically limited to it.
Though this is Fizik's first outing in chamois land, the Link R1 feels like the product of multiple generations of R&D. This immediate rise to the top is impressive—though, admittedly, not unexpected. After all, the brand has made a name for itself by redefining our expectations throughout the cockpit, so extending that expertise to bib shorts was the next logical step, and focusing on the chamois is itself the most obvious point. This particular pair of Link bibs is finished with Fizik's Bull chamois, which distributes support in order to account for the 10-degree angle of approach that Fizik has identified in riders with less flexible spines.
The body is made from a woven material that rivals the qualities of gentle compression and lightweight, airy breathability that have come to define top-tier bibs from marquis brands the industry over. The material marks a decided departure from the Lycra we've all grown accustomed to, so in addition to the race-appropriate fit and the laser-cut, lie-flat bib straps, the Link R1 just has a feeling of elevating the in-saddle experience. It may not seem like a significant detail, but we never quite stop noticing the feel of the material while we're riding in these. Maybe that will pass in time, a by-product of novelty, but for now the Link R1 impresses with every pedal stroke.
- Top-tier cycling bib shorts from the masters of the saddle
- Chamois specifically designed for less-flexible cyclists
- Light, airy material wicks and dries faster than classic Lycra
- Clean, laser finished leg openings eliminate transitional ridges
- Lie-flat bibs disappear under a jersey and complete the lux feel
- Corresponds with Fizik's Aliante saddle but also rides happily on any preferred perch
View more Men's Bib Shorts
< 5ft 9in
5ft 8in - 6ft 1in
(173 - 183cm)
6ft - 6ft 3in
(179 - 189cm)
6ft 2in - 6ft 5in
(185 - 195cm)
6ft 4in - 6ft 7in
(191 - 201cm)
32 - 34in
(81 - 88cm)
34 - 36.5in
(88 - 95cm)
36.5 - 39in
(95 - 103cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Inseam length refers to the inside leg seam of the bib-shorts.
- IF YOU ARE BETWEEN SIZES, EITHER:
- CHOOSE THE SMALLER SIZE FOR A RACING FIT OR
- CHOOSE THE LARGER SIZE FOR A MORE COMFORTABLE FIT.