Direto X Interactive Power Trainer
We've come to recognize indoor cycling as a necessary evil and if we plan to go into spring with some residual fitness after the colder months have subsided, we need something to keep us captivated and motivated. Smart, interactive trainers have helped out tremendously providing useful metrics and feedback while also interacting with virtual training apps to make riding in place a little more fun. Elite's new Direto X is ideal for this type of targeted and effective indoor riding, and brings a host of upgrades over it's predecessor the Direto. These include a more powerful resistance motor, an upgraded power meter, support for longer cage derailleurs, and refined internals that help reduce noise levels. This means you'll enjoy more accurate power measurement, increased power output, improved gradient simulation, and quieter operation as you ramp up your fitness in the off-season.
Like the Drivo II, the Direto X uses an integrated OTS (Optical Torque Sensor) power meter, able to measure power to within +/-1.5% accuracy (0.5% more accurate than the Direto). To further analyze your pedaling perfection, an in-app option is available to measure power during the whole pedaling movement through 12 set points. The trainer determines how much effort you put into each leg, letting you work on your efficiency and smoothing your pedaling stroke. When this option is enabled, you can access your power data on two types of charts via the My E-Training software and app.
To alleviate the monotony of pedaling in place, the Direto simulates climbing with slopes up to 18%, a full 4% greater than the previous model. Sprinters can work on their finishing kick with a 2100-watt power output at simulated speeds of 40km/h, which is also increased vs. the 1400-watt output of the original Direto. This trainer is super intuitive and can be used by anyone looking to maintain or improve fitness easily within the confines of their own homes, but when not in use, the compact design allows the trainer to easily transport and store. We also really like the direct drive design that provides easy set-up, a stable platform, and zero tire wear and slippage. If the weather or time doesn't allow you to get outdoors and train, the Direto from Elite still allows for structured training and watching your favorite races on repeat or racing friends on virtual courses.
- Elite's best-selling interactive trainer sees some updates
- More powerful resistance motor for intense training sessions
- Upgraded power meter boosts accuracy to +/- 1.5%
- Refined internals allow quieter operation than previous model
- Realistic ride feel simulates gradients up to 18%
- Third-party compatibility with Zwift, TrainerRoad, and more
- Pedaling analysis function can help improve your pedal stroke
- Compatible with both road and MTB frames including 12 x 142mm thru-axles (Boost 148mm adapter sold separately)
- Item #ELIA027
- ANT+, Bluetooth
- Operating System
- iOS, Android, macOS, Windows
- front wheel block, power cable, quick-release skewer with 130/135mm adapers, 12 x 142mm thru-axle adapters
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years