All one love around here.
One of the beautiful things about Easton wheels is that a switch from Campagnolo to Shimano or SRAM componentry or vice-versa won't necessitate a new wheel purchase. You could just replace the freehub with one that is compatible with your new gear. Likewise, if you routinely use two different cassette ratios depending on your race courses, you might think about a spare freehub body. It's actually quicker and easier to remove the whole freehub body (cassette and all) with two 5mm hex keys than it would be to fumble with a chainwhip, lockring tool, and wrench to remove and swap cassettes.
The Easton R4 Freehub Body runs on high quality 6902 steel bearings. It has three spring loaded pawls and is compatible with all Easton EC90 and EA90 road wheelsets. It's available in three versions:
- --Dura-Ace 10-speed: fits all current Shimano 10-speed cassettes (Dura-Ace 7900, Ultegra 6700, 105 5700)
- --Campagnolo: fits all Campagnolo 9, 10, and 11-speed cassettes
- --Shimano/SRAM: fits older Shimano 9/10-speed (except Dura-Ace 7800) and all SRAM 9/10-speed cassettes.
- Compatible with EC90 Aero, EC90 TT, EC90 SLX, EA90 SL, EA90 TT and EA90 Aero wheels
- Runs on high quality 6902 steel bearings and has three spring-loaded pawls
- Conversion for Shimano and SRAM 11-speed road drivetrains
- Compatible with all R4 and R4 SL hubs, as well as M1-120 and M1-220 mountain hubs
View more Wheel Small Parts
Reviews & Community
Will this fit Easton Haven Carbon with M-121 hubs (11spd Shimano)?
I have an R4 hub on a set of 10 speed Easton EC70's from a few years back ... Do you know if I can add this R4 Hub to convert the wheel set to 11 speed? Thanks !
Hi. I'm using Dura Ace 7800
Which one do I need to buy?
That is a great question. I have done some homework on your cassette body question, and you will need to buy the orange cassette body . If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, I need the 11 speed shimano option,...
Hi, I need the 11 speed shimano option, when will this be available?
Is this compatible with EC90XC mountain...
Is this compatible with EC90XC mountain bike wheels?
I need the free hub body for SRAM 10 speed,...
I need the free hub body for SRAM 10 speed, and can't tell which one to order from the drop down menu. Please advise.
You'll need the Red Shimano-10 speed. This version is compatible with SRAM 10 speed as well, and is currently in stock.
Jefp & Trevor -
I had the same question & had to search exhaustively to find the correct info. According to Easton's chart (below), he needs the Black freehub body.
I ordered the Red one, and it doesn't work with the 1070 cassettes. The pieces will go over the first part, then get stuck on the second lip. Not happy about this...