Sale $284.96$379.95 25% Off
Item # CST00L3
Castelli Idro Pro Jacket - Men's $379.95
High and dry.
Castelli continues to make a name for itself by creating race-worthy, breathable weather protection that many pros select and buy as it far surpasses standard team-issue equipment. The Gabba, the Tempesta, the Perfetto, all items that redefined what we've come to expect in foul weather riding attire. The Men's Idro Pro Jacket continues this tradition and with its inclusion of Gore's latest material, the jersey is super lightweight and highly packable without giving up an iota to weather protection. Castelli has a host of wet weather jackets but we feel this one best meets the needs of the racer. The breathability, lightweight, and cut are all carefully designed to excel during competition. It fits easily into a jersey pocket when not called upon however, in use it breathes so well we're likely just to keep it on.
The jacket's main material Shakedry, is a breathable membrane that combines the water- and windproof qualities that Gore-Tex is known for in the outdoor industry. It blocks wind and is totally waterproof, so a mid-ride deluge or even if you're starting off a ride in the rain, you'll stay dry. As impressive as the waterproofing is, its weight at 158g is maybe even more impressive. This feathery weight is possible because Shakedry eliminates the usual face fabric, so it's a two-layer membrane that preserves an uncompromising balance of breathability and protection while reducing bulk to expand Gore-tex's appeal to include elite cyclists. Gore���s new Topo stretch inserts at the elbow, shoulder, and side panel allow Castelli to created an even closer and more aero fit.
The front zipper is a waterproof Gore/YKK integrated model, and it works with the anatomically shaped wrists and seam taping to ensure there are no coverage gaps or points of water ingress to ensure you stay dry. A soft neck liner is a cozy luxury that will keep you going even as the conditions temp you to throw in the towel. Reflective trim help provide much-needed visibility in the conditions that you'll likely face in this jacket. At the back, two external pockets provide cargo space so you don���t have to unzip to reach your jersey pockets and below that, an elastic silicone waistband keeps the hem in place while the longer tail shields you from rear wheel spray.
- A cycling jacket for racing and training in the rain and wind
- Gore-Tex Shakedry membrane keeps you dry and breathes
- Water- and windproof protection in a race fit
- Full-length waterproof front zipper and taped seams
- Minimalist bulk packs down into a jersey pocket
- Two pockets mean no fishing around to get to jersey pockets
- Reflective details help maintain visibility
- Castelli offers ultimate protection in a race-worthy package
[membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex Shakedry
spring, summer, fall
View more Men's Jackets
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.