Castelli pads their winter apparel lineup with the Goccia Jacket, a foul weather, wind and waterproof shell with an enhanced stretch for an aerodynamic fit. However, the Goccia occupies a similar space as does Castelli's Idro jacket, without the hefty price tag. With a PU windproof membrane covering fully waterproof, Tempesta Stretch fabric, the Goccia is a minimal yet highly effective design. Castelli forgoes pockets to reduce seams and potential areas of weakness. The Goccia retains a smaller overall footprint to still be packable into a jersey pocket in case the sun begins to shine on your way to the top of the climb.
Castelli's critical goal was to maintain an appearance similar to their all-purpose winter jackets, which is reflected well in the Goccia. It looks like a standard winter-riding jacket, not a rain-specific barrier or wrinkled wind jacket, so you'll feel right at home on and off the bike.
- Packable cold, wet weather jacket with style for any situation
- Designed as a emergency shell for cold winds and darker clouds
- Fully water and wind proof while retaining breathability
- Longer tail than traditional winter jackets for protection from wheel spray
- Tall collar works with a neck gaiter on extra chilly rides
- Rated for rides between 41-57 degrees F