When deep into the stormy season and the air is so dense that you feel it in the bones even while by the hearth, the Castelli Gavia Jacket provides essential protection to motivate saddling up for the training block. The Gavia uses mid-weight Gore-Tex throughout with specific stretch panels at the shoulder to comfort without pulling while tucked into the road-riding positions. Keeping the rain out is one thing, but the Gavia also gives a roomy fit by comparison to winter thermals, so that you can wear the layers needed for warmth and endurance regardless of the temperature. It’s part of what gives the Gavia a broad range of coverage, protecting between 36-61 degrees Fahrenheit.
You’ll likely be wearing some thick winter gloves that cut down dexterity when in need of the Gavia, so Castelli chooses to move to the two-pocket utility rather than the standard three-pocket design. The design frees up space for the gloves to make on-the-bike snack grabs without being space restricted. The pockets have a rain flap to keep your valuables dry. And a long tail keeps rain and puddle splashes from drenching your rear.
- Mid-weight shell jacket for days you know will be endlessly wet
- Cut to fit over insulating layers without being overly bulky
- Longer tail reduces chance of rain soaking through to the chamois
- Zipper flap and AquaGuard keep out driving rain to the chest and torso
- Two rear pockets for easy snack grabbing with winter gloves
- Rated for use on rides from 36-61 degrees F
- Item #CSTZ7D6
- [face fabric] 3-layer mid-weight GORE-TEX, [shoulders] GORE-TEX stretch panels
- spring, fall, winter
- mid, long tail
- 2 rear with flap
- Claimed Weight
- [large] 8.3oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.