Espresso V Jacket
Much like the pleasure that comes from drinking the beverage of its namesake, the Espresso V Jacket from Castelli will envelop you in cozy warmth and comfort as you embark on those dedicated base training miles during the cold winter months. Sure, we could hop on the rollers and knock out an hour in the pain cave, but getting out and enjoying nature and some fresh air is good for the soul and these rides build that mental fortitude needed when scrapping for the victory at those early season races.
The Espresso V has a slightly more relaxed cut that fits easily over thermal long-sleeve jerseys and base layers without neglecting a refined fit while in the saddle. Castelli designed the jacket to excel at temperatures between 32 and 50-degrees Fahrenheit and during mixed precipitation by constructing it from an engineered knit fabric with a microporous membrane for breathability and extra ventilation through its exposed membrane on the sides and back, all while keeping the wind out.
Castelli's dedication to constant evolution and refinements are evident on the Espresso V with a bevy of features that will enhance your comfort on the bike during a time when any bit of extra motivation helps. Articulated sleeves and a contoured collar yield a better fit and seal the elements out while the CrossWrap wrist closures keep the arm cuffs lying flat under or over gloves for more warmth and offer an easier on and off. Three rear pockets have plenty of room for extra apparel and snacks and allow for easy access without having to lift up the jacket to reach the jersey's pockets. A zippered chest pocket provides additional storage space for valuables like keys, ID, and cash. Finally, Castelli gives the Espresso V a longer, Gabba-like, tail for extra protection against road spray and a reflective band below the jacket's pockets to help enhance your visibility to motorists during winter's limited daylight.
- A winter cycling jacket in typical Castelli style and dedication
- The fit is slightly more relaxed than its race kit for more room
- Its softshell construction blocks wind and repels precipitation
- The exposed membrane on sides and back prevent overheating
- 3 rear and 1 zipper chest pocket haul snacks and extra layers
- Recommended for temperatures around the freezing mark
- New longer tail keeps road spray from dampening your ride
- Larger, rear reflective band helps improve visibility to motorists in low light