Item # CST008I
Castelli Cross Prerace Pants $119.95
Ready, set, ride.
There's no bylaw written into the rules of cyclocross that says "It must be raining and muddy at all times," but given how soggy most races are, there might as well be. Cross's rain-or-nothing M.O. is why Castelli designed the Cross Prerace Pants, which aren't actually meant to be worn on the bike, but to keep you warm and dry while you wait at the starting line.
Torrent, the three-layer membrane than makes the Prerace waterproof and windproof, is laminated to a lightweight and stretchy fabric that won't restrict your movement. Combined with a narrow chain-proof leg, this lets you pedal around easily as you warm up before the race, while a full-length button opening on each leg lets you rip the Prerace off so you can go from covered to race-ready in seconds. Castelli also included reflective details, so you can take the Prerace for a spin on the road if you just want to get some miles in.
View more Men's Rain Pants
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
Good as an outer layer for windy days
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
They are billed as "pre-race" pants but I find myself wearing them "post race" over a pair of tights, which is much warmer than wearing jeans. They aren't quite as heavy as I expected but they are very good at blocking wind.