Why We Like The Castelli Alpha Ultimate Insulated Jacket
Keep your body warm and protected from rain and snow during winter rides with the Castelli Alpha Ultimate Insulated Jacket. This jacket features an insulating layer and an outer wind and waterproof shell that are separated to allow for superior ventilation, each with its own separate zipper to open or close each layer as needed. For added protection against wind and water, the Alpha Ultimate Insulated Jacket features anatomically shaped cuffs, critical external seam taping, and a bonded hem.
- Insulated jacket built for all-condition winter riding
- Polartec NeoShell outer protects against the elements
- Insulated with Polartec Alpha for superior warmth
- Dual-layer Alpha construction separates layers for ventilation
- Double-opening full-length zipper regulates airflow
- Anatomically shaped cuff design keeps wind and water out
- 3 rear pockets provide optimal room for ride essentials
- Item #CSTZ7MK
- Polartec NeoShell 4-way stretch fabric, Polartec Alpha insulation
- Center Back Length
- [medium] 27in
- double-layer Alpha construction
- 3 rear, 1 side zippered
- Claimed Weight
- road cycling, gravel, cyclocross
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
3 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
January 28, 2023
Some added detail
- I returned this product before using it
- Size Bought:
- 5' 8"
I've not used this, but have tried it on. A detail about these alpha jackets that is usually not provided is how the sleeves are insulated. Often, the inner half of the sleeve is left uninsulated. I prefer complete coverage. This jacket mostly does the latter, insulating the complete upper sleeve but uniquely leaving the forearms uninsulated. A close comparison is the Sportful Total Comfort jacket, which also has a Polartec shell, but the Alpha insulation provides complete coverage of the arms all the way down. The Castelli jacket has seam sealing and double cuffs, so it is made with foul weather in mind. But the Sportful jacket is much less expensive, and looks and feels well totally comfortable (I own this one).
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help