Shamal C21 Disc Carbon Wheelset
If you’re as stoked as we are about Campagnolo’s Ekar drivetrain, the C21 Disc Carbon Wheelset will get you closer to crushing gravel roads without the hassle of adapting your older wheelset’s hub and axle. The Shamal is Campagnolo’s gravel-focused offering designed specifically for the Ekar drivetrain. Constructed of 100% high-modulus carbon fiber and set at differentiated depths, the Shamal is a racing wheel at heart. For aerodynamics and fast accelerations, Campagnolo chooses a 35mm deep profile on the front and 40mm on the rear to gracefully control head and crosswind situations. This design also keeps the front wheel light to improve accelerations and steering dynamics and helps the Shamal register a respectably light 1585 grams for the pair. The Shamal is laced with self-locking, steel spokes around Campagnolo’s N3W hub that pairs with the Ekar’s 13-speed cassette and 11 and 12-speed cassettes with an adapter ring and a dedicated ring nut. Please note at this time only cassettes with a Z11 first sprocket can use this adapter kit.
It is also important to note that at this time, only the Shamal and Fulcrum’s Rapid Red 3/300 and Red 900 wheelset are compatible with Ekar without an N3W transformation kit. However, Campagnolo does offer the transformation kit, which converts older Campagnolo and Fulcrum wheels to the N3W system.
- Gravel-focused wheelset with new freehub for the 13-speed Ekar drivetrain
- High-modulous carbon fiber body with a 21mm inner width for road and gravel riding
- Tubeless compatible to make the most of off-road protection
- Easily adjustable bearing play for simple maintenance and performance
- Fits 25 to 50mm tire widths for you to roll the best of mixed terrain living