Speed over squish.
While your friends go slacker, longer, and sloppier on their enduro beasts, you just watch and shake your head. You don't have a problem with enduro and its loud following, but for you, the smooth laps of an XC course have always been where you feel most at home. Wear your Lycra, your carbon-soled shoes, and your Bell Catalyst MIPS Helmet with pride whether you're at a start line or on an after-work training ride; you may get passed on the descent, but you know it's the climbs that count, anyway.
While you're dodging past struggling enduro riders on your favorite local climbs, the Catalyst's ultralight design and 18 vents will leave you cool and dry as you push through hard tempo efforts. Plus, a solid In-Mold shell pairs with MIPS to provide you with protection that you'll forget about when you don't need it. MIPS, or Multi-Directional Impact Protection System, refers to the now-ubiquitous Swedish technology applied to the Catalyst in the form of a thin inner basket. This basket lets the helmet's shell rotate independently of your head upon impact in an effort to absorb brain-damaging rotational energy created in certain crashes. Bell's FloatFit and No-Twist Tri-Glide straps give you ample opportunity to get the fit you need, so you can focus on holding your lead on the pack.
- Stay safe and speedy with this XC-specific helmet
- MIPS technology minimizes the effects of certain crashes
- In-Mold shell dissipates impacts the old fashioned way
- Wealth of vents keep you cool and dry during hard climbs
- No-twist straps and FloatFit design let you customize fit
- Removable visor lets you shave more weight on race day