Service Course SL-88 Handlebar
Drop handlebars used to have one shape. Period. Now, there are countless styles to choose from -- anatomic, short reach, double-bend, just to name a few.
The Zipp Service Course SL-88 is a traditional bend drop bar. A replacement for the Service Course SL-TB, it is a strong, lightweight aluminum bar. Regardless of the popularity of carbon for both weight and 'bling' factor, aluminum has not lost its appeal. It provides strong sprinters with security as they grip the bars and drive the bike forward with thousands of watts. It also adds a few extra ounces to an ultralight bike that may not otherwise meet UCI weight requirements.
Because aluminum remains popular among all levels of riders, Zipp designs its Service Course with fit and durability that compete with similar carbon bars. The SL-88 was designed with a round section tubing featuring an 88mm reach and a 130mm drop with a round bend. The round bend allows ample room to position hands while in the drops. Additionally, the round bend has only a slight 20 degree angle -- levers may be positioned in several positions to accommodate different styles of riding. There is no need to rotate your bars toward the heavens to get that perfect fit.
The Zipp Service Course SL-88 Handlebars are available in 3 widths from 40cm-44cm measured center to center, and each pair fits a 31.8mm stem. They come in two colors: Polished Black, a high gloss finish with white logos, or Beyond Black, a matte black with etched logos for a stealthy look.
- A traditional round drop road racer bar
- Lets you achieve a long and low position in the drops
- 14-degree ramp angle provides a smooth transition to the brake hoods
- Crafted from 7050 aluminum, it's equally lightweight and durable
- Drops are angled outward by 3-degrees to reduce wrist strain
- The SL-88 is clip-on aero bar compatible
- 3-degree outward flare in the drops provides more comfort and control