404 Firecrest Carbon Disc Brake Wheel
Zipp is becoming synonymous with speed and performance across all cycling terrain, and the next generation of the tubeless-ready 404 Firecrest family continues to advance the expectations of the modern-day road wheel. Whether you need an aerodynamically optimized wheel to smooth out your commute to the office, an excitingly fast lunch-ride breakaway rim that can handle wide-open crosswinds, or a wheel that excels on climbs and descents so you can distance competitors, the 404 Firecrest is your go-to wheel. And all road business aside, the 404s are a smashing wheelset whenever the pavement ends and is a proven winner in cyclocross and gravel events.
To achieve this high level of versatile performance, Zipp uses a medium-depth 58mm rim profile that is optimized for headwind speed and crosswind stability. Continuing from previous generations of the 404 line are the dimpling effects on the rim surface (part of Zipp’s Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control system) to smooth air flow over the rim. The 404s offer the enhanced modularity and stopping power of disc brakes, and paired with the 19mm internal rim width that accommodates a range of 700c tubeless tires, they are a top performer in modern cycling.
- Immensely versatile medium-depth road cycling wheelset
- Lightweight, durable carbon construction paired with fresh decals
- Aerodynamic front profile balances demands for crosswind stability
- Disc brake offers superior modulation and control in any weather
- Dimpled rim surface is a proven advantage against the competition
- Rim width maximizes tire performance when racing crits or singletrack
- Refined wheelset demonstrates Zipp’s commitment to performance