SH-TR9 Cycling Shoe
You already have your tri calendar and gear pretty much set for the year, and you know the local guys you'll be training to beat this winter and spring. If you're just trying to settle on a stiff, lightweight pair of shoes that will give you power on the bike leg and get you into and out of transitions without costing you time, Shimano's SH-TR9 Shoes for men are a good place to start.
The SH-TR9's two hook-and-loop straps are easy to operate from the saddle with shaky, wet fingers, and an asymmetrical heel loop helps you pull each shoe on in one motion. Breathable mesh and perforations cover the shoe's upper, ushering air in as you start pedaling out of transition to let your bare feet dry off from the swim leg. Synthetic leather gives the shoe's uppers shape and structure, while a stiff carbon composite sole, measuring 10 out of 12 on Shimano's stiffness index, provides you with the power transfer you'll need to stay on pace throughout your ride.
- Seamlessly transition from water to bike with the SH-TR9
- Carbon composite sole is rigid for effective energy transfer
- Breathable upper encourages moisture away from your foot
- Synthetic leather provides durable, malleable structure
- Hook-and-loop closures are easy to operate
- Asymmetrical heel loops for easy on and off