AR29x Carbon Disc Wheelset
The Reynolds AR29x Carbon Disc Wheelset is a climber’s delight at only 1390 grams for the set. These lightweight yet durable carbon fiber rims feature a shallow 29mm depth that sheds all unneeded weight but maintains adequate stiffness for powerful accelerations thanks to its 27mm width. The tubeless-ready 19mm channel provides a little extra air volume for improved ride comfort, and helps lower rolling resistance when coupled with wider tires. And while the carbon fiber rim remains the same between this wheelset and the more modestly priced AR29's, the AR29x is upgraded with Reynold's CNC-machined TR3 hubset, premium bladed spokes, and alloy nipples instead of brass. Together, these changes help the AR29x shed about 65g of weight, delivering a wheelset that's equally prepared for race day as it is to be your daily driver.
Reynolds has been in the carbon rim game for a while, using years of experience to refine its technique for building lightweight and durable rims. This AR29x wheelset features a wide, 19mm internal width for plumping up tires, increasing its volume without having to resort to wider, heavier tires. Its 27mm external width provides heaps of support for lateral stiffness in sprints, out of the saddle climbing, and high-speed cornering. Additionally, its shape is optimized for crosswind stability so you can ride with confidence and without the fear of getting blown around in blustery conditions.
- A shallow depth, lightweight tubeless road wheel
- Carbon fiber construction is light, stiff, and strong
- Tubeless-ready lets you run lower PSI for traction and cushion
- Wider rim provides a better fit for higher volume road tires
- Improved grip, rolling efficiency, and comfort with wider tires
- Bladed spokes improve your aero gains while saving weight
- In-house TR3 hubs are CNC-machined for weight loss
- Disc-brake ready for more powerful and controllable braking performance
- Item #REY003T
- Rim Material
- carbon fiber
- Wheel Size
- Rim Type
- Rim Depth
- Rim Width
- [internal] 19mm, [external] 27mm
- Brake Compatibility
- Front Axle
- 12 x 100mm thru-axle (includes end caps for 15 x 100mm)
- Rear Axle
- 12 x 142mm thru-axle
- Sapim CX-Sprint Bladed
- Spoke Nipple
- Spoke Count
- 20 / 24
- Claimed Weight
- 3lb 1oz (1390g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
2 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
July 19, 2021
Weak - breaks constantly
- I've put it through the wringer
- 6' 3"
Rim was out of true within the first month of riding. Just broke another spoke on a ride today when pushing up a hill. Don't waste your $$
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help