Why We Like The Octal X MIPS Helmet
When you want to train or race on your favorite cyclocross or gravel course, finding the perfect helmet is just as important as finding the right bike. Weighing in lighter than the previous Octal, the Octal X MIPS features an extended unibody shell, Mips technology, aramid bridge technology, and an EPS liner. The combination of all of these technologies enhances the strength, durability, and overall performance of the helmet. The Octal X MIPS is also heavily ventilated, providing a cooler feel and efficient aerodynamics.
- Extended unibody wrapped shell brings more structure to the helmet
- Features MIPS technology to provide protection against rotational impact
- Comfortable fit ensured with a 360° adjustment system
- Eye garage integrated on front of helmet to store sunglasses while riding
- Item #POCZ1DX
- Shell Material
- unibody shell, eps liner
- Impact Management
- fewer, larger vents
- Fit Adjustment
- 360 degree adjustment system
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older
- Claimed Weight
- [small] 9.9oz (280g), [medium] 10.5oz (300g), [large] 12oz (340g)
- cyclocross, gravel
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
May 23, 2023
This helmet probably saved my life
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
I really liked this helmet before my crash: comfortable, light and well ventilated. Zero complaints. But then I had a really hard crash on pavement (front wheel wash out cornering at speed). The helmet foam cracked and the shell dented a little… and I walked away with only a mild concussion. Wow. Thank you POC.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help