X-Alp Launch Cycling Shoe
You’re dedicated to the flat-pedal lifestyle and need a dedicated shoe that doesn’t mix styles. The Pearl Izumi X-Alp Launch captures the endearing features of clipless-design but offers a sole that is entirely platform-specific. A durable Cordura upper material provides seamless support that cradles your feet, whether railing enduro sections or joshing it up at the local eatery afterward. A BOA Fit System with an L6C dial make adjustments easier mid-trail and reduce snag potential that may come with standard laces.
The heart of the X-Alp is within its mid-sole and outsole construction. A supportive EVA midsole cushions the trail impacts so you’ll stay in control, and a nylon shank and reinforced toe box offer enhanced stiffness and protection. Pearl Izumi works with Goodyear to equip the X-Alp with a PinLoc Outsole using Goodyear’s premium rubber for confident traction and power delivery on and off the pedals.
- Master your adventure with fully capable flats
- Goodyear rubber sole offers massive grip and durability
- BOA dial reduces snags and time-lag getting to the trail
- Bonded, seamless uppers are lightweight, tough, and perforated
- Keep your little piggies happy with a reinforced toe cap
- Stay surefooted with directional lugs that grip
- Item #PLZO8E3
- Responsible Collection
- Upper Material
- Seamless recycled Cordura
- BOA Fit System, L6C dial
- PinLoc Outsole, Goodyear rubber
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [single, size 12] 14.5oz (410g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
4 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
October 19, 2021
Runs a bit large
- I returned this product before using it
- Size Bought:
- 5' 7"
I loved the look (yes, with bright orange dial :-) ) feel and comfort, but I feel that only one BOA dial, maybe too high on the shoe, makes it a bit tough to properly tighten it around the foot, if you compare the "hugging" that you can achieve in road cycling shoes. I could escape with a size 10 with thicker socks, but a bit of too much toe length (and I have a wide foot), so seeking a 43.5 or US 9.5
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help