Why We Like The X-Alp Gravel Cycling Shoe
Gravel riding, in general, requires a fine balance between mountain and road technology. You need grip, walkability, and unwavering pedaling stiffness, and Pearl's X-Alp Gravel Cycling Shoe aims to deliver on all fronts, so you can hammer down the road less traveled with comfortable support.
- A shoe that balances road and MTB tech for total gravel performance
- Perforated synthetic leather uppers are durable and breathable
- Single L6 boa offers equal pressure adjustment over instep
- EVA insert at heel provides vibration damping on harsh roads
- Keep your toes safe with added protection at toe box
- Beefy lugs provide solid grip for off-bike sections
- Stiff nylon sole doesn't waste your watts or flex under pressure
- Item #PLZ00UF
- Upper Material
- synthetic leather
- L6 Boa
- 1:1 Next Step Nylon composite, TPR lugs
- Cleat Compatibility
- 2-bolt SPD
- Claimed Weight
- [single, size 9.5] 11.5oz (326g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
4.5 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
April 18, 2021
My favorite shoe
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
- 5' 9"
I came over from road into the gravel and cross country seen in mountain biking. These shoes are amazing for the price point. Perfect combo of comfort and stiffness. Only complaint is you generally have to tighten them throughout the ride. As the material heats up it stretches a little so it will feel looser as the ride goes. Love these shoes otherwise. And you dont look like a crazy person if you walk into a brewery with them on.
April 5, 2021
Pretty good! Just not GREAT
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought:
- 6' 1"
Shoe does exactly what you'd expect it to do. Nice balance between a road silhouette and mtb sole. Only issue is the upper seems a little big. Footprint seems good and my heel is locked in, no slipping. I just have to really crank this shoe tight more than my Pearl Izumi road shoes. Seems like there is just a lot of volume in the top of foot area. I just wear with thicker socks than I usually use and then the shoes are great.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help