The chamois you know.
When it comes to cold-weather kit, you have two choices: go for tights with a built-in chamois or pull Pearl Izumi's Select Classic Women's Tight on over your favorite summer-weight shorts and stick to the chamois you know. Either way, you'll probably stay warm enough, but going the route of the all-in-one winter tights means you'll be stuck with a different chamois that—let's face it—is rarely as nice as the ones you've been riding all summer. Winter base miles can be grueling enough on their own, so there's no reason to add an additional layer of discomfort.
The lack of a chamois means the Select Classic Tights are also equipped to follow you on whatever winter cross-training you engage in. They're built with six panels that are stitched together in an anatomic, form-fitting design that layers or stands alone and stretches to move with you whether you're running, spinning, or walking the dog. Whatever the application, the Transfer Dry fabric presents a warm, brushed face to your skin that traps body heat to insulate as you warm up, but it still wicks moisture like Pearl's summer shorts. The tights are finished with reflective branding to help keep you visible during your low-light winter outings.
- A thermal tight for winter cross-training
- Insert-free construction lets you choose your chamois
- Thermal Dry fabric insulates and manages moisture
- Reflective branding for training under dreary winter skies
View more Women's Tights & Bib Tights
(78.7 - 83.8cm)
(83.8 - 88.9cm)
(88.9 - 95.3cm)
(95.3 - 101.6cm)
(102.9 - 108.0cm)
(108.0 - 114.3cm)
(58.4 - 63.5cm)
(63.5 - 68.6cm)
(68.6 - 74.9cm)
(74.9 - 81.3cm)
(81.3 - 87.6cm)
(87.6 - 94.0cm)
(83.8 - 88.9cm)
(88.9 - 94.0cm)
(94.0 - 99.1cm)
(100.3 - 106.7cm)
(106.7 - 114.3cm)
(114.3 - 120.7cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
- Measure from the center of your back to your wrist with arms held out.
Reviews & Community
Good, basic cool weather tights
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
These are the usual good quality one expects from Pearl Izumi. The fit is fine for me (5'-4", 117 lbs), and they are great for cooler (45° or so) weather, but not warm enough for really cold. There is no ankle zipper and no pad, which are the reasons for the low price point. But this means you could also wear these to yoga or running. A good solid purchase.
Nice light weight tight
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: medium
But they run small unlike most Pearl Izumi. I'm usually a medium in Pearl Izumi, I probably have 20 pair of their shorts/tights, so I ordered a medium, I can get them on but I'm afraid if I sit on a bike seat , well it won't be pretty :) Other than that they're nice light fall and spring tights.