While we appreciate substantial gloves with palm padding on gravel epics and trail outings, our criteria for gloves on race day are quite different. We want minimal interference between hands and hoods, we want low-profile uppers, and we want as few additional grams as possible. Pearl Izumi's PRO Aero Gloves deliver.
They're made to keep your grip confident and secure during the hot races of late summer, omitting any palm padding and opting instead for a synthetic leather palm to ensure sweaty hands don't send you sliding off the hoods. They're finished with a bit of aerodynamic texturing on the back of the hand, which Pearl claims reduces drag. While we lack the wind tunnel facilities to vet that claim, we do know that being glued to the drops during frantic finales definitely increases our chances of placing, and the low-profile wrist certainly looks the part of a racer's mitts.
- Race gloves for the hot days of summer competition
- Unpadded palm provides perfect purchase in the drops
- Low-profile, slip-on body uppers reduce opportunities for drag
- Breathable material expels moisture into the summer air
- Soft wiping surface keeps sweat off your brow, too