Check the list.
Not all triathletes are in the business of winning; there are plenty of us who just focus on finishing. This is especially true of the 140.6 events, and the Louis Garneau Tri X-Speed III Women's Shoes are made to ensure that bucket listers get through the bike leg with feet that are still able to run (or walk) a marathon. Compared to pure race shoes like the X-Lite II, the X-Speed III has a roomier fit and increased arch support, features that help take the pressure off of metatarsals and reduce the risk of hot spots.
Underfoot, the X-Speed III's fiberglass/nylon outsole is a tried and trusted design for intermediate age groupers. It's stiff enough that it won't hold you back but doesn't carry the exorbitant price tag of carbon fiber. Courtesy of a reversed strap and a grab-without-looking heel loop, those stiff planks secure easily while rolling out of transition, and the single strap design means that no-look ease extends to mid-ride adjustments as the sun rises and begins warming the course.
- Triathlon shoes for intermediates and competitive age groupers
- Generous fit and arch support help to avoid metatarsal hot spots
- Ventilated outsole reduces the swelling effects of summer heat
- Heel stabilizer reduces abrasion from riding without socks
- Synthetic upper minimizes seams to reduce potential irritation
- Reflective details help you stay visible before the sun rises on the bike leg